Join SVdP in Helping Our Neighbors in Need this Winter.
Thank you for your support and the gift of hope for our Friends in Need as we once again join the national day of generosity, #GivingTuesday, on November 28, 2023. On this global day of giving to charities around the world, we are thankful that you will consider helping our Friends in Need in Cook and Lake Counties.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago has been reaching out in our local communities since 1857. We have the experience of being a force of good throughout times of war, global pandemics, economic crisis, and social changes. Our volunteers serve with hearts full of love and compassion and the Society helps anyone regardless of race, religion, political association, or gender.
This past year we have been able to:
- Help the homeless with clothing and food.
- Help the migrants who have arrived in the Chicagoland area with only the clothes on their backs with clothing, winter coats, scarves, hats and gloves.
- Provide for our homeless and migrant adults and children new under garments, socks, personal hygiene kits, Shirts/Sweatshirts and Sweatpants, pots and pans, shoes, etc.
- Work in conjunction with other organizations in the Chicagoland area who are also working with the migrants by providing them with winter items, clothing, so that they can distribute in their areas.
- Provide the homeless backpacks filled with wool socks, hygiene kits, under garments, winter clothing to keep them warm during our long Chicagoland winters, scarves, hats, gloves, etc.
- Continue to field many calls on a daily basis from our struggling Friends in Need who are seeking rental or utility assistance, food, clothing, medical assistance, beds, furniture, and hope. These calls come from families, the elderly, Veterans, single moms, etc.
- Share a sizeable portion of last year’s #GivingTuesday proceeds with our SVdP Chicago Districts to distribute amongst our 84 Conferences to help others in their respective communities.
Our 2023 #GivingTuesday goal is $40,000. This may seem like an aggressive goal, but in the past we have been able to surpass our goal which has allowed us to continue our mission to help those who need it most. Even though we are in an economy of rising costs, we know it is not impossible to reach and surpass this goal. Your support as well as the support of local businesses, friends, family, and co-workers, helps us help them. We appreciate any monetary contribution you can give and also ask for your prayers so that we can continue to help our homeless Friends in Need and those who are struggling to stay out of poverty. 100% of the proceeds from #GivingTuesday are used to help our neighbors in need and do not go towards operational expenses of the Society.
God Bless you for your prayers, donations, and support of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago.
With much gratitude,
Volunteer CEO / President
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Chicago-ADC